Miriam Sachs Martin, Ted Gehrke and Robert Pesich
with world premiere performances in every set
San Jose, CA, November 5, 2004—Aural Tradition is proud to present its next showcase of quality spoken word artistry— Urban Campfires: An Evening of Spoken Word—with new, never-seen-before performances in every set.
· When: Sunday 21 November 2004 at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
· Where: For Your Journey, 1435 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
· Cost: $8 general admission, $6 for members of Aural Tradition.
Urban Campfires is Aural Tradition’s quarterly showcase that spotlights spoken word artists who are at the top of their game. The showcase celebrates spoken word and performance poetry while also creating the opportunity to expose San Jose to the beauty and appeal of this art form.
Urban Campfires is a migrating show that is held at different venues each time. Aural Tradition is pleased to be working with For Your Journey Inspirational Center and the opportunity to hold the show in this spirituality bookstore and creativity workspace.
The November 21 Urban Campfires is one step closer to realizing Aural Tradition’s mission of promoting the art of spoken word in its various forms; this time with three prominent page poets.
This show’s line-up includes Miriam Sachs Martin, Ted Gehrke and Robert Pesich.
· Miriam Sachs Martin is the host of San Jose’s longest running open-mic, Fierce Words Tender: a monthly women’s voice open reading. She also hosts the monthly Delivery Room open-mic out of MACLA in downtown San Jose.
· Ted Gehrke is a celebrity among San Jose’s former AJAX Lounge literati and author of “Donate Me to your Favorite Charity.” He also manages the annual Fountain Blues Festival for San Jose State University.
· Robert Pesich is San Jose’s heavy-hitter among page poets. He is the poetry editor for The Montserrat Review, and serves as media relations officer for Poetry Center San Jose. Dragonfly Press published his book of poetry, “Burned Kilim,” in 2001.
Urban Campfires will have something for everyone, regardless of how familiar they are with the talent or their work. The show guarantees original, world premiere pieces from each performer.
For more information contact William Jeske, manager of Urban Campfires, at 408-858-3332 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #